Although small children can be a lot of fun, they can also be a challenge. They’re curious, impulsive, and always on the go. This can be difficult to keep them safe, especially around the pool. Having a child-proof pool fence is a great way to help protect your child from drowning. It will create a barrier between the pool and your child, making it more difficult for them to access the pool without supervision. There are many different types of pool safety fences available, such as a mesh pool fence – it’s an excellent way to help keep your child safe.
For the safety of pool-goers, Montgomery County has implemented strict regulations regarding pool fencing. According to the ordinance, fences for pools are required to be completely enclosed and at least 44 inches tall, with no gaps wider than 6 inches. Additionally, all gates must be self-latching in order to prevent little ones from gaining access to the pool area.
While these safety requirements may seem overly cautious, they are necessary to ensure that all pool users remain safe and protected at all times. Indeed, even a small gap in a pool fence can lead to disastrous consequences, as children are naturally drawn to water and can easily slip through even on a narrow opening.
Montgomery swimming pool safety ordinance strikes the right balance between protecting pool users and maintaining aesthetic appeal by requiring only modestly sized fences with minimal gaps. Ultimately, its stringent protective measures should be commended for prioritizing human lives above all else.
Every year in the United States there are an estimated 3,960 fatal unintentional drownings, including boating-related drowning—that is an average of 11 drowning deaths per day, according to the CDC. To prevent these tragedies, pool owners can take some simple but effective steps to make their pool areas safer. One such measure is to install a mesh pool fence from Life Saver.
Life Saver Pool Fence helps to create a barrier between the pool and the rest of the yard, making it more difficult for young children to gain access to the pool area. In addition, the fence can be equipped with self-closing and self-latching gates to further reduce the risk of unauthorized pool access. By taking these precautions, pool owners can help to create a safer environment for everyone.
Why Install A Life Saver Pool Fence?
Some of its features include the following:
- Textilene® (high mil mesh 12-12 mil) with Marine grade thread woven with a basket weave is the strongest on the market with a tensile strength rating of over 387 pounds per square inch.
- QuadStitch™ 4 stitched reinforced vinyl borders.
- Tension-based supports provide optimal stability.
- Available in 3 ½ ft to 5 ft.
- Black, brown, white, tan, and a variety of colors available.
- 87% transparent, offers a clear view of your kids from outside of the pool fenced area.
- Pool fences are removable and easy to put away in storage. Sections are easy to roll up.
- Self-latching & self-closing swimming pool gate alternatives
- Lifetime warranty! Every part of a Life Saver fence comes with a Lifetime Warranty. It won’t splinter or break down like fiberglass. We guarantee it.
Areas We Serve
Life Saver Pool Fence of Birmingham installs pool fences in Montgomery County including Pike Road, Montgomery, and other counties and cities in the state of Alabama. Contact us today to learn more about our pool fence installations and for child pool safety tips.
About Montgomery County, AL
Montgomery County, AL is a great place to live and work. The county is home to a wide variety of industries that support the local economy, including manufacturing, construction, and retail. It is also known for its excellent schools and beautiful natural landscapes, with many parks and hiking trails located right within the county itself. The population is approximately 226,486 as of the 2019 census. Montgomery County offers plenty of opportunities for recreation and community engagement, making it an ideal place to call home. Whether you are looking for a job or simply want to explore your local surroundings, Montgomery County is a great choice.
Popular landmarks include:
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts
- Montgomery Zoo & Mann Wildlife Learning Museum
- The National Memorial for Peace and Justice
- Rosa Parks Museum
Pool Safety Resources for Montgomery County, AL Residents
- Water Safety | Alabama Department of Public Health
- State-based Healthy Swimming Information – CDC
- Making Water Safe for Everyone – Red Cross